A Special Invite
to Men in Bras—a Pink October Breast Cancer Fundraiser hosted by Rachel
I’m asking for a favor. If you’re receiving this invite, you’re a woman who is dear to me. And I’m asking an even bigger favor of your guy. I am going to host a Men-in-Bras Breast Cancer Fundraiser and would like the men to be our champions…by wearing bras.
- September: choose a bra and get or take a photo for the voting cards (I’ll design and have them printed and then deliver them to you.)
- October: solicit votes ($1 each) for your guy and his bra
- October 25: come celebrate with friends at the party of the year!
Thanks to Tammy at the former Cross Creek Cafe in Redmond for allowing me to borrow and modify her original idea. In addition to creating a welcoming restaurant with delicious food (crack fries!), Tammy hosted the annual Beer for Boobies and gave me the great honor of being a judge. Men in Bras is a spin-off of those fun nights out.
- We have a great party on October 25 for approximately 100 people.
- I provide snacks, beer, wine, and music.
- We crown a winner of our Men-in-Bras Pageant.
- We raise money for local and national breast cancer care, support, treatment, and research.
- We raise awareness of the need for continued research and support.
- You and your guy buy, borrow, make, or design a bra for him to wear at our party on October 25.
- It can be simple, like a Hanes cotton bra.
- It can be fancy, like a Victoria’s Secret lacy contraption.
- It can be fun, like a baby doll negligee.
- It can be themed, like Ducks or Beavers, beer, classic cars, fishing, or Harleys (black leather).
- There are photos at the bottom of this page from Beer for Boobies in Redmond the past couple years.
- You take a photo that can be used in our October fundraising. (I’ll take the photo, if you want. If your guy is shy about being in a photo in a bra, we can get creative.)
- We collect votes from October 1-25.
- Voting is just $1 (or more). It’s a low barrier to entry.
- We will have posters and voting forms at several locations in town.
- You’ll also have cards for your guy that you can hand out to friends and family.
- Facebook is our friend. The awareness part gets a boost if we do some of our friendly rivalry, trash-talking, and vote solicitation online.
- We continue collecting dollars the night of the party and start a final count at 8:30 p.m.
- The winner will receive a manly king’s crown, a nice prize, and the admiration of the whole town.
- We dance, visit, party, have fun, and celebrate the king of the night and breast cancer awareness.
- I want this to be an affordable fundraiser for everyone. We all have competing priorities for our dollars.
- Tickets to the party are $20/person. You can see the invite/flyer here.
- I don’t expect anyone to pay a bunch of money for a bra.
- Someone can vote for your guy with just $1. More is welcome, of course, but $1 works, too.
- My hope is to raise $2,500. All proceeds go to Sara’s Project (local) and the Susan G. Komen Fund (national).
- If we sell all 100 tickets for the party, that’s already $2,000.
- If we raise $500 in voting, we’ve met our goal.
- If we have just ten guys, that’s only $50 each. I have been told by a few folks that we’re going to go way above and beyond….
- I’m paying for all supplies or costs to host this (printing, beer, snacks, etc). All monies raised go to Sara’s Project and Komen.
Is your guy reluctant? Here are my thoughts on several worries.
Only Young Guys Do This
Only Buff Guys Do This
Only City Boys Do This
Only Old Guys Do This
Only Husbands Do This
Only Wine Drinkers Do This
Ready? Sign Up Here.
[contact-form-7 id=”314″ title=”Contact form 1″]
These photos are from the Beer for Boobies events at Cross Creek Cafe in Redmond. I hope they give you and your guy an idea of the people, personalities, and bras involved. Older men, younger men, desk workers, business owners, firefighters, teachers. They are men who care about women. When they have fun at the same time they’re doing good, it’s a win for all.